Find your next opportunity now!
Area Construction Safety Manager- Wireless
Baton Rouge, LA
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, one of the largest Fiber/Neutral Host provider in the industry today. This is a direct hire position to lead the operational and construction of the company' s new builds and modifications
Why Is This Job For Me?
The Area Safety Manager will coordinate environmental, health and safety activities including training, inspections; maintains records, permits and emergency plans; Implement policies and procedures in order to enhance and maintain a strong safety culture. Ensure compliance with company policies, standards and regulatory requirements
- Plans, implements, and maintains current safety and quality policies, procedures, and training in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including, but not limited to, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Provides customer specific quality and safety requirements as part of project kick-offs and follows up with on-site inspections on a regular basis.
- Partner with operational leaders to develop standards and strategies that reduce the safety, regulatory and financial risks.
- Develop and provide appropriate training for management, supervision and all associates with respect to EHS policy, practices and procedures.
- Reviewing potential subcontractor' s safety policies, procedures, and performance during the prequalification/bidding phase to ensure the company meets the established requirements.
- Gather data; perform calculations to determine reporting requirements and complete reports for distribution to federal, state, and local agencies.
- Monitor safety action items, assigns responsible party to take corrective action and maintain records for follow up.
- Spearhead and investigate injuries, root cause analysis, report to management on individual cases and monitor on periodic (monthly) basis.
- Take immediate corrective action on any unsafe acts observed, involving the company management and subcontractor management for immediate review.
- Associate' s degree (A. A.), equivalent from two-year College or technical school, or higher; or 7 years of progressive job experience in the above job duties/skills specifically related to quality and safety; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA Regulations, NATE, state and local safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Current OSHA 500 certificate and training experience in OSHA 10/30
- Demonstrated experience in conducting field audits and accident investigations
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Must be able to travel extensively; Must have acceptable driving record and valid driver license.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales