Find your next opportunity now!
Civil Technician CHI
11600 W Irving Par- Chicago, IL 60666
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a large scale, multidisciplinary provider of installation, construction and engineering services. This is a 6 - 9 month contract with the possibility of extension or conversion. The position is based out of the Greater Chicago area with extensive project work within the IL and WI markets.
We are seeking a Civil Technician with preferred experience in Civil, Electrical or Telecommunications project support. This position supports the daily civil construction for a range of wireless locations involving construction services including generator installations, cabinet installations, concrete pads, foundations, framing, fencing, minor electrical work, etc.
- Perform all trenching, conduit installation, concrete work, wire installation.
- Safely uses all hand and power tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks, including but not limited to OTDR, Fluke meters, cable cutters, drills, saws, hammer drills, knock-out punches, and all tools and equipment utilized by the technicians.
- Assist with the Electrical Installation if ATS/MTS switches.
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company and job safety requirements to include, but not limited to: OSHA, Federal and State laws and/or regulations.
- Assists other trades, contractors, team members in the construction of projects.
- Takes feedback and direction from Foreman while reporting on all phases of construction progress
- Accurately reports time and proper coding of time sheets.
- Tower/Civil construction experience a huge plus
- Experience finishing Concrete, pouring, setting, rebar, mesh, and/or perform cast installations.
- Ability to read blueprint details and specifications a plus
- CDL/Operators License a plus but not required; Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be trained in or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, OSHA 10 Hour
- Travel up to 100%, able to lift 50lbs and work in any weather conditions.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and overtime.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales