Industry: Structured Cable Technician
Job Number: 2314
Pay Rate: 30.00
BroadStaff is excited to be working with our client, a turn key System Integrator.
We are seeking a Level 3/4 DC Power Technician who has experience with primary power from the plant to the BDFB handling proper test and turn up. The ideal candidates will be proficient in doing live DC Power transition, Installation and terminations to the BDFB and extensive knowledge of VLRA additions. The projects calls for candidates with a great personality who are humble, hard-working and reliable.
- Preparation of hardware and/or equipment to be installed.
- Equipment Installation of DC Power, BDFB’ s, Batteries, Routers and Grounding.
- Performing voltage, resistance tests and minor trouble shooting of equipment such as rectifiers, disconnects, power and battery plants.
- Repairing problems found and installing/upgrading breakers, components, parts, cable and other related equipment and systems for backup DC Power.
- Equipment construction of battery racks and super structure.
- Using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools to test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment and isolate sources of malfunction.
- Using equipment and observation to test repaired, newly installed, or updated equipment to ensure that it functions properly and conforms to specifications.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2-3 year electrical experience with DC Power preferred.
- Ability to document technical specifications and operating standards for telecommunications equipment.
- Ability to load and unload company vehicles.
- Ability to use power tools.
- Ability to follow safety standards.
- Valid Driver' s License with good driving record (Required)
- Must be able to travel 100%.
- Must be able to lift 100+ pounds regularly unassisted