Find your next opportunity now!
Data Center Engineer
DISH Wireless is seeking a Transport Data Traffic Engineer with a deep understanding of how the Internet works on a global and local basis. This position requires a solid understanding and experience with DNS, IP addressing, BGP, etc. to support efficient, low latency processing of all DISH mobile data traffic. Traffic is expected to grow as the new 5G national network is built and candidate should have the ability to define and specified a range of connectivity options based on changing traffic.
Candidate will help write requirements for an RFP to screen ISPs for their ability to interconnect Dish data traffic and later to manage the peering and other interconnect partners. Candidate should have familiarity to network operators and other service provider networks and processes including Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), Tier 1 ISPs and specialized carriers.
The Transport Data Traffic Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and performing detailed engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of the data interconnection in a wireless network. This person may also be responsible for specifying equipment, APIs, virtual resources, etc. to create world class data services for Dish customers.
- Experience working with Internet Exchange Points (IPX) and Tier 1 telco hotels/data centers.
- Define data interconnection requirements including APIs, transport interfaces and other interconnection.
- Develop peering, IP transit and other interconnection requirements for the 5G network.
- Manage data traffic flows and recommend network changes as traffic profiles change.
- Define and later support the implementation of peering agreements and interconnection.
- Understanding of traffic engineering, Internet access services and Ethernet services.
- System architecture including reliability, security and redundancy requirements.
- Working knowledge of various applicable standards and frameworks: IETF, MEF, etc.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ability to define and manage performance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- BS in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 + years Internet / Telecommunications network experience
- Working knowledge of DNS and BGP
- Working knowledge of virtualization and software defined networking
- Strong understanding of O-RAN and other 5G architectures
- Familiarity with optical networking and interfaces
- Extensive work with data centers and familiarity with virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to deliver in fast-paced, high volume environment supporting aggressive targets
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales