Find your next opportunity now!
Data Center Facilities Engineer
DISH Wireless is seeking a Data Center Facilities Engineer with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
DISH is seeking an individual experienced in the design and operational support of critical facilities to become part of our Data Center Facilities Engineering team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our 5G infrastructure efficiently operates, and our innovative services delivered. The Facilities Engineering team will be responsible for design, retrofit and upgrade projects, ensuring our highly reliable environment is guaranteed. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
- Lead complex electrical engineering projects and initiatives including working cross-functionally with design teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and R&D.
- Prepare electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future data center design reviews.
- Review and develop detailed scripts for change management request (CMR) activities.
- Travel to data center sites to lead or support engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Evaluate data center commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Review and update data center electrical " as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Provide and analyze energy efficient solutions to minimize power losses.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource concerning operations of Data Center facilities and equipment, specifically for sites in the construction phase.
- Develop and approve processes, procedures, and reporting metrics that help drive successful turnover of new Data Centers.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales