Find your next opportunity now!
Directional Drilling Operator - Indianapolis
7796 Moller Rd Indianapolis, IN 46268
The Directional Drilling Operator operates horizontal directional drilling equipment in accordance with blueprints and designated plans, installing 500 – 1, 000 feet of conduit in a typical workday supporting fiber optic projects. Holding a CDL Class A license is highly desired.
- Maintains equipment per manufacturer’ s specifications and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for assisting in potholing, remediation, setting hand holes and pulling fiber.
- Keep accurate records, as built drawings and complete daily paperwork.
- Read blueprints/underground utility plans and interpret work assignments.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year working with Vermeer or Ditch Witch DDD, or equivalent a plus.
- Knowledge of utility depths and placements; general knowledge of construction practices.
- Able to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Willing to work overtime when required; willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
- Valid DL is required
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales