Find your next opportunity now!
Electrical Engineer Technician 3289
180 B Sandbank Road Cheshire, CT 06410
Assist electrical engineers in PCB board testing, troubleshooting, and repair; create test procedures and test reports; lead in organizing and maintaining electrical lab areas; The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist with PCB testing and making cable assemblies
- Diagnose, test, and analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, and systems.
- Set up and operate standard or specialized testing equipment.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to create test procedures and test reports
- Manage electrical lab area inventory and perform tasks related to inventory management.
- Conduct system functional tests, and troubleshoot devices and equipment as required
- Perform tests, write reports and archive records.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to engineering and product development
- Associate’ s Degree in electrical engineering
- Experience with soldering and PCB repair
- Experience with making cable assemblies and wiring
- Ability to read schematic and layout files.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge/experience with proper PC board/System level design
- Experienced using oscilloscopes, multimeters and basic lab tools and instruments. (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers is a plus)
- When necessary, make modifications on SMT boards, using solder to add or remove components/connections
- Knowledge of communications protocols is a plus i.e. TCP/IP etc.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Up to 10% of work time
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales