Find your next opportunity now!
Equipment Operator: Excavator - Indianapolis
7796 Moller Road Indianapolis, IN 46268
The Equipment Operator: Excavator position will be responsible to operate safely and efficiently various construction equipment including, but not limited to, backhoes, bobcats, mini-excavators, track hoes, etc Candidates should be able to read and understand blueprints and grade stakes. Must be self-motivated, on-time, able to work under pressure with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all co-workers, supervisors and customers. Holding a CDL Class A license is highly desired.
- Conduct all of the daily routine activities associated with open cut (dig) pipe installation in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Construction background required, prefer heavy/highway construction experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to write legibly on maps, documents, etc.
- Flexibility to respond to changing job schedules and demands.
- Ability to travel, working a variety of shifts, including some nights, weekends, holidays and on-call availability.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, outside in adverse conditions and in other challenging environments.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to and sometimes exceeding 50 pounds with frequent movement and other activity.
- Valid DL is required
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales