Find your next opportunity now!
Fiber/OSP Construction Inspector
Harrisburg, PA 17025
We are seeking an OSP Field Construction Inspector with expert level experience in Fiber Solutions. This position monitors the work of DOT fiber project builds in New Jersey and Pennsylvania with oversight of the subcontractors and quality assurance on the installation of conduit, fiber and poles and ISP work in signs/bilboards, etc along the roadways.
- Oversee, inspect, and monitor contractual field work which including:
- placement on handhole
- aerial strand and fiber cable installation
- restoration of work areas
- Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operation
- Takes field measurements, checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
- Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
- Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity record
- Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years fiber construction experience
- Solid understanding:
- Right of Way, underground and aerial OSP design and transition points
- Fiber construction: Permitting, Redines, As Builts and Permitting
- Sounding and Locates
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office with high level of proficiency in Excel
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales