Find your next opportunity now!
Fiber Technician - 1248
3605 NW 82nd Ave Doral, FL 33166
Broadstaff is thrilled to be representing our client, a leader in the Tower Industry of Telecom who owns, operates and builds telecom infrastructure. This is a 6-12 month ++ Contract to Hire Opportunity in Miami, FL.
The Fiber Technician specializes in splicing and terminating fiber optic cables to expand telecommunications networks into new areas or to replace existing lines. They also troubleshoot and perform maintenance to resolve signal problems Exposure to inclement weather conditions and physical demands may include entry into areas under construction and require walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to travel.
• Prepare, splice and troubleshoot fiber optic cable.Job Responsibilities:
• Install, repair and maintain fiber optic splice closures and distribution panels.
• Ability to work in Underground manhole systems, aerial plant, and customer premises.
• Experienced with fiber optic fusion machines i.e. Fujikura, Sumitomo, Fitel, etc. for splicing.
• Work in conjunction with field engineering to update records.
• Coordinate service delivery with multiple departments.
• Generate and understand OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) and Power Meter test results
• High school diploma
• Technical/ Engineering degree or associated experience preferred
• Microsoft Office
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales