Find your next opportunity now!
Fiber to the Home Construction Manager
Fort Carson, CO 80913
We are seeking a FFTH Construction Manager who has the ability to understand and comply with customer technical, installation and aesthetic requirements relative to Wi-Fi installations in government and commercial buildings with diverse floor plans and construction. Strong planning, scheduling, management and communication skills as well as attention to detail are absolute requirements in this role. You will be responsible for planning and managing the installation of wireless network at various venues in the western region.
- Inform customer personnel of up-coming Wi-Fi service and installation activities
- Conduct site survey of local area and buildings
- Identify typical and unique building architecture, floor plans and construction techniques
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of installation drawings including Installation subcontractor bid requirements
- Prepare area installation schedule
- Prepare Statement of Work (SOW)
- Provide clarification and/or answer questions during the bid process
- Review installation subcontractor bid packages
- Select installation subcontractor
- Monitor and manage installation subcontractor(s) (wiring, racks, radios, electronics, link radio alignments, etc.) performance in accordance with
- Quality standards
- Customer requirements
- Ensure that all necessary keys or card keys are available to access utility chases, telecom rooms, electrical rooms, attics and roofs are available when needed
- Oversee the preparation of as-built installation drawings in accordance with customer requirements
- Ensure that any building, grounds or property damage resulting from the Wi-Fi installation is repaired to customer satisfaction
- Prepare and submit status reports to customer
- Support field and network engineers during testing phase as required
- Support area marketing campaign as requires
- Network monitoring and incident response
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to install and configure switches, wireless controllers
- Must have the ability to work well on a team as well as be able to work independently.
- Must have the ability and proven skill set to manage, coordinate and prioritize work tasks to ensure timely and quality work.
- Effectively work independently on projects/tasks
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking problems
- Work directly with customers on network access and network speed problems as Tier 2 customer support
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred or a minimum of 3-5 years of operations management experience (inside plant or cable/telecommunications and Wi-Fi design, installation and optimization experience is strongly desired).
- Experience with Wi-Fi access point and wireless controller configurations, preferably with Ruckus and Cisco equipment.
- Needs to possess a functional understanding of various central office network elements
- Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Visio
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac, and various handheld OS wireless network settings (to troubleshoot with customers)
- Must be computer literate, and have the ability to learn new programs.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales