Find your next opportunity now!
Head of Automation- Wireless
9601 South Meridian Blvd Englewood, CO 80112
The Head of Wireless Automation will be responsible for the creation and evolution of systems that constantly improve network service and routine operations. DISH’ s 5G network vision incorporates an intelligent cloud-native platform to support a variety of telecom applications. This leader will partner with Technology Development to automate the network through the selection of Orchestration tools. He or she will hire and empower engineering teams to develop, operate, optimize and maintain the automated system.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with multiple organizations including: Core, RAN, Platform, Network Engineering and Project Management;
- Address system and service issues and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Participate in vendor selection for automation system(s);
- Engage with multiple departments and lab teams in the development and testing of System Orchestration and Automation.
- Produce specifications of system metrics and participate in testing and validation of POCs, DevOps and final system proposals;
- Ensure solutions meet key criteria such as Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) and Self-Healing/Self Organizing networks;
- Provide comprehensive updates to internal and external teams via regular status meetings and reports.
The successful candidate will bring a passion for working on new technologies in a fast-paced and evolving environment. He or she needs to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization. This individual will have five+ years management experience in the wireless industry.
- Experience developing software-driven solutions in 5G environments and extensive understanding of:
- Network Functions Virtualized Infrastructure (NFVI) and VM platforms;
- Containerized Network Functions (CNF) running on VM platforms using COTS hardware;
- Orchestration systems running multiple CNFs across a large network architecture. This includes Life Cycle Management of network services as well as Orchestration of NFVI across multiple VIMs;
- Thorough understanding of 5G Core network functions, containers/micro services principles, Kubernetes, network slicing, SDN and CUPS functionality;
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical degree, or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales