Find your next opportunity now!
Industrial Controls Engineer - 3271
180 B Sandbank Road Hartford, CT
Broadstaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a leader in the gas solutions and technologies space providing customers solutions to reduce their products environmental impact on their long term Contract to Hire Industrial Software Engineer in the Greater Hartford, CT market with offices in Cheshire. There is no opportunity for remote; must be in the office every day.
We are looking for an Industrial Control Engineer responsible for Design and maintain control software and hardware used in industrial gas automation equipment. This will include programming, testing, and remote / onsite customer assistance in the deployment of solutions used in the field.
- Planning/writing of programming code as necessary, to ensure the end product meets functional goals expected of the product on required schedules.
- Design and develop HMI applications.
- Design and review Instrument & IO network architecture.
- Support the creation of technical product documentation and information.
- Provide on-site assistance during system start-up, commissioning, and maintenance.
- Estimate and report project status.
- Bachelor’ s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science, computer engineering, or related field or five years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education.
- 5-12 years experience with industrial automation (e.g., PLCs, DCSs).
- 3-8 years experience with C# and .NET programming is required
- 2-5 years experience with SQL database such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
- Must be able to write project requirements documentation, and trace implemented functionality back to the requirements.
- Must be able to write and execute software validation plans.
- Must be able to troubleshoot industrial electrical control panels.
- Strong communications and organizational skills are required.
- Experience with Modbus is highly desired.
- Experience programming robotics is a plus.
- Experience with LabVIEW is a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales