Find your next opportunity now!
Industrial Electrical Engineer - 3272
180 B Sandbank Road Hartford, CT
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with extensive controls experience. The candidate will be accountable for designing, building, and testing industrial electrical control and automation systems. This is a hands-on position, requiring the candidate to work directly with engineering and manufacturing teams. The candidate will be responsible for systems from their design stage through commercialization.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to design, build, test, and document integrated industrial automation and control systems from conceptualization through commercialization.
- Prepare product or system layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, and bills of material that meet project and code requirements.
- Perform and document calculations supporting system designs.
- Deliver systems on time and on budget.
- Develop and document test procedures and system user and technical manuals.
- Conduct system functional tests, and trouble-shoot equipment as required.
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing during system integration.
- Assist with project planning, management, and scheduling.
- Must be able to travel up to 15 percent annually, and up to 50 percent for short durations.
- AS / BS+ in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of electrical design experience including experience designing, building, and testing industrial electrical control and automation systems.
- Expert knowledge of electrical codes: NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 79, NFPA 496, UL 508A, etc.
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, or equivalent.
- Experience with multiple PLC & IO product lines.
- Experience with control instruments (pressure and vacuum transmitters, thercouple, RTDs, pressure and temperature switches, etc.), valves and analytical instruments.
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFD) and Compressors.
- Experience with reviewing and understanding P&IDs.
- Experience with Robotics and/or Chemistry a plus.
- Experience leading, or participating in, hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle high-level multi-tasking.
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects at various levels of support and responsibility.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales