Find your next opportunity now!
Lead Wireless Network Engineer
NA Oklahoma City, OK 73064
This position is responsible for engineering, furnishing, implementing, testing, training, and documenting highly complex world-wide enterprise class wireless networking solutions. This is a high-profile, high-paced mission-critical position that directly supports the redesign and deployment of the U.S.A.F. communication network and base information transport infrastructure wireless LAN (WLAN).
The Lead Wireless Network Engineer must possess subject matter expertise in 802.11 wireless network technologies and solutions design / implementation. Experience managing and participating in the holistic design and implementation of complex wireless network solutions is required. Familiarity with current Base Area Network (BAN)/Campus, and WAN technologies is required.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) scientific, technical, or engineering
- Five to ten years of 802.11 Wireless solution design, architecture, and integration experience.
- Experience with indoor and outdoor 802.11 wireless placement and deployment of commercial wireless technologies from Cisco, Ruckus, and Aruba.
- Hands-on experience conducting wireless site surveys (indoor/outdoor) using advanced RF surveying and spectrum analysis tools such as Air Magnet, generating heatmaps, and developing survey reports.
- In depth knowledge and experience with 802.11 wireless security design and integration to include but not limited to WPA2 with AES-CCMP encryption, and 802.1x authentication
- Ability and experience to respond to operational system demands and to provide system administration to resolve and optimize wireless network issues impacting performance service levels, bandwidth and signal strength, in-channel and co-channel interference, and other common wireless LAN service performance elements.
- Ability to supervise, direct and mentor junior level engineers and a supporting technical team as the project requires.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting Government technical requirements or specifications that drive wireless solution design and integration activities.
- Proficiency and experience in developing technical documentation such as System Design, Configuration Design, System Architecture Drawings and technical deliverables using Microsoft Office software tools (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio), with the ability to provide red line updates to technical deliverables for the project as required.
- Secret Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent
- Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP) or equivalent
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales