Find your next opportunity now!
Manger of OSP Facilities Engineering / Civil PE
Omaha, NE 66118
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client, a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services in over 80 communities on their full time OSP Project Manager position in Omaha, NE.
The Manager of Facilities Engineering has the ultimate responsibility to provide designs, construction drawings and specifications for all facilities including, but not limited to, market telecommunications shelters sites, off-air antenna installations, network cabinets, warehouses, and coordinating civil and facility designs with the OSP construction team.
- Research local market building codes and zoning ordinances to determine feasibility of telecommunications shelter site locations, antenna tower locations, cabinet locations and any other relevant facilities infrastructure.
- Evaluate local codes regarding permitting requirements and costs and provide summary information on the impact to construction costs for the market.
- Prepare documents and high-level site drawings for submission to local authorities having jurisdiction for zoning approval, zoning variance application (as required), special use permit applications (as required) and conditional use permit applications (as required).
- Coordinate and contract with local market land surveyors for completion of ALTA surveys, topographic surveys and easements for all telecommunications shelter sites, warehouse facilities, network cabinet locations.
- Coordinate and contract with local market geotechnical and environmental engineering companies for completion of geotechnical explorations, Phase I ESA’ s and Phase II ESA’ s (as required) for all proposed telecommunications shelter sites, warehouse facilities as requested by others.
- Coordinate shelter site designs with Facilities Group to ensure accuracy and feasibility of proposed infrastructure.
- Assist MetroNet’ s legal team with site acquisition by providing necessary surveys, reports and other documentation.
- Design of network cabinet sites for permitting and construction. Research local codes for setback requirements and all applicable code requirements.
- Assist market project managers with submission of permitting documents and participate in meetings with local officials.
- Produce design drawings and related contract documents in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance according to company policies.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and those of the project team.
- Adhere to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
- Ability to mentor apprentice or other subordinate resources to build and expand the capabilities of the organization.
- BS degree in civil engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer highly desirable.
- Knowledge of telecommunications engineering and construction a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales