Find your next opportunity now!
Market General Manager - Wireless (New York City)
New York, NY
Broadstaff is thrilled to be working with our cutting edge client who is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture on their Executive level, Market GM position based in the NY/NJ market.
Why is this Career Move Right For Me?
Are you looking to be on the ground floor of something great? Do you have a passion for strategic oversight, leading and building teams, and excited by the thought of working in a collaborative, start-up environment? Then this Market General Manager career opportunity is the fit for you! We are looking for a talented visionary to lead the engineering, operations, logistics, government relations, construction, finances, site acquisition, operations, and staff within the NY/NJ markets. You will be responsible for driving large scale infrastructure programs, standards, and best practices; and delivering a high-performance network infrastructure. The Market General Manager will have strong knowledge of the competitive landscape in the market and use this knowledge to inform management about the opportunities in the market. This role will require some travel.
What' s In It For Me?
- Market Value Compensation Package
- Bonus eligible up to 40% of salary
- Comprehensive, competitive benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision
- PTO accrual each pay period, to be used for vacation, personal days, or sick time
- Multiple paths for personal growth and development to advance careers
- Access to extensive training programs to realize new talents and opportunities
- Provide oversight and direction for the design, initiation, and implementation of network deployment plans to meet budgetary and timeline constraints
- Leadership of a diverse team of professionals located within the designated market. This includes resource planning, performance management, organizational development, succession planning, etc.
- Management oversight of strategic vendor partnerships that provide network construction, operational, and maintenance support
- Accountability for budget stewardship, expense management, and forecasting
- Guidance for both short- and long-term network infrastructure programs, strategy, functionality and operational management practices
- Development of operational policies and processes that allow the team to provide best in class network services
- Overall management of multiple concurrent projects and network-related initiatives that are high profile, technically complex and unique in nature
- Communicate status and issues at various levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner
- Anticipate technical and tactical challenges and develop contingency plans for controlling costs and maintaining market deployment schedules
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity
- Work with the region/national financial team in review of expenses; manage expense and capital budgets to maximize margins and achieve targeted financial objectives
- Coordinate with regional teams for the projected need for additional project support as required
- Bachelor’ s Degree; advanced degree preferred
- 10 + years Wireless Network experience; especially in wireless infrastructure and large scale programs
- 5+ years in progressively broader manager roles, leading multiple groups, departments, and teams
- 5+ years of site acquisition, network operation, construction experience, and budget accountability
- The ability to thrive in a start-up environment with significant ambiguity and challenging problems inherent in building a greenfield, stand-alone 5G network, including ownership of policy development
- Executive presence with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of culture keeping and message ownership
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales