Find your next opportunity now!
OSP Fiber Splicer Level III
Quakertown, PA 18951
BroadStaff is thrilled to be working with our client, a providor of engineering, installation, servicing and maintenance of wireless and fiber optic infrastructure on their Full Time, Direct Hire Fiber Splicing Technician Level 2/3 positions in Quakertown, PA with travel to sites; minimal but some overnights. Work day typically begins at 6am.
What Will I Do?
BroadStaff is seeking a talented Level 3 Fiber Technician creates new splices and maintains/repairs fiber networks according to the direction of the department manager and the needs of the client. He/she is also responsible for terminating and testing aerial and underground fiber optic cables. After the fiber optic line installers place optical cables in position, Fiber Technicians prep the cables into splice cases and complete the connections by connecting individual fibers within the cable. Splicers also rearrange fibers when optical cable lines are changed.
The Level 2/3 Technician must have expert Level 1 and 2 Basic Fiber Optic work. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepping and splicing various types of fiber cables (OSP, ADSS & OPGW).
- Working with Single mode 144-228 count fiber.
- Testing of fiber optic infrastructure (OTDR testing, power meter testing and Fiber Identifier)
- Troubleshoot and check for problems and errors.
- Install equipment per scope
- Follow applicable safety regulations and company policies
- Must advocate a team player approach to position.
- Look at basic splicing prints and understand the scope of work.
- Complete a Daily Performance Report (DPR) in accurate timeline format
- Available for On-call and Emergency situations
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 1- 3 or more years’ experience in Outside Plant Fiber Optic Fusion Splicing and Testing.
- Experience with various cable types and enclosures a must.
- Extremely proficient with the use of an OTDR to test and troubleshoot telecom network infrastructure
- Valid PA Driver’ s License with a CDL medical card
- Provide and maintain personal automobile insurance
- Travel is required on an as-needed basis. Must be able to adhere to an on call schedule.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales