Find your next opportunity now!
Washington DC, MD 20001
Broadstaff is happy to be working with our client specializing in performing all of the RF Engineering services required to successfully assess, design, test, and turn-up Distributed Antenna and Small Cell system, on their Full Time, Direct Hire, REMOTE, RF Engineer position.
We are seeking an RF Engineer to successfully manage operations, engineering development and revenue & profitability growth. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years working in the wireless industry with prior management experience.
- Perform daily operation objectives for projects by working with direct engineering manager, sales managers and project coordinator.
- Plan and carry out engineering services necessary to complete each project’ s scope of work.
- Operate RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers and RF scanners to evaluate RF statistics and performance.
- Design DAS and Small Cell networks using industry standard software.
- iBwave, Atoll, Ekhau, etc.
- Apply in office design work and field-testing duties to commercial and public safety projects based on industry technology fundamentals.
- Evaluate and optimize DAS and Small Cell deployments for both design and field-testing operations.
- Analyze and develop engineering solutions by evaluating key performance metrics for LTE and 5G NR.
- Document and report findings in a professional technical report format.
- Meet customer deadlines with all project deliverables.
- Work directly with customers for all customer service needs and support.
- Manage project costs
- Develop ideas for new engineering services, company efficiencies, and process improvement.
- Attend company meetings and functions as requested by management.
- Monitor and report on project statuses to the sales team and management on a regular basis.
- Help grow, train and develop the RF engineering staff supporting the region.
- Support internal project reviews for all project types prior to submitting customer deliverables.
- Provide technical engineering support for the sales managers and attend key customer meetings in the West region as needed.
- B.S. in Wireless/RF/Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience as a RF Engineer based with DAS and/or Small Cell system design and commissioning experience
- Intimate knowledge with DAS OEMS such as Corning, Commscope, SOLiD, and JMA
- Must have good technical writing skills.
- Must have sound engineering logic and proficiencies in RF and telecommunications theory.
- Capable of travel up to 100% for peak project demand requiring field work (ideally this is a 50% blend of office and field work throughout the year).
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales