Find your next opportunity now!
RF Engineering Manager - Detroit
DISH Wireless is looking for a RF Manager who will build, develop, and manage the Radio Network team in their local market. This team is responsible for working with the local development team to optimize and implement initial design using established RF planning standards and guidelines so that the [market] is built to a competitive standard. This position will play a critical role in planning and building a cloud-native 5G network.
Primary responsibilities fall in the following categories:
- Hire, develop and lead a highly skilled technical work force (team of employees and consultants) who will take the initial design for the market from the National team and optimize the design in light of conditions in the market:
- Radio network planning, optimizing coverage to achieve a competitive product
- Local knowledge, RF propagation, and technical analysis
- 5G network integration and optimization
- Work closely with local teams - Site Acquisition, Zoning, Construction, Transport and Program Management – to develop, build and optimize Dish Wireless network.
- Continually coordinate and consult with National RF Planning team.
The successful RF Manager will have:
- 5 to 10 years of RF experience in the wireless industry
- 2 or more years of experience managing employees as well as staff augmentation through contractors/consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong relationship building skills
- Cellular / Mobile Technology proficiency: 3G/4G/5G LTE, NR theory and practical experience.
- Solid understanding of network design principles and techniques
- Experience with drive test equipment, processes, and interpreting results
- Strong RF and antenna theory and understanding
- Ability to work with propagation tools, build network plans, interpret results
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales