Find your next opportunity now!
Software Engineer 3339
180 B Sandbank Road Cheshire, CT 06410
The Software Engineer will develop software for the Linux-based Airgas Cloud Services platform. The role will focus on the UI/Web Site but the engineer should be confident with SQL for database interactions and familiar with routine Linux commands. The engineer will also be expected to interact with stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into practical features or improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop new User Interface features for the Cloud Services Portal using HTML, CSS, JQuery, etc.
- Create or assist with the creation of manuals and documentation
- Create ad-hoc and scheduled reporting and analytics as requested by our administrators using SQL
- Design and implement new database structures using SQL
- Research and testing into new software or development techniques as needed including “ proof of concepts”
- Eventually participate in an after-hours support rotation with the rest of the engineers
- Understand and document requirements, translate them into practical features.
- Any other projects as assigned by management
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field, Masters preferred
- 2+ years web development experience using HTML, CSS, JQuery, etc.
- Comfortable using JQuery and CSS Plugins or frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Experience with Java Web development a plus.
- 2+ years experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Participated in successful development and deployment of at least one database-driven application of moderate complexity in a professional setting. Ideally the project integrates a database back end, controller, and front-end UI.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales