Find your next opportunity now!
Sr. Manager - Data Center Facilities
Littleton, CO 80112
We are seeking a Data Center Facilities Manager with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build out a 5G network. Ideal candidates will be experienced in the design and operational support of critical facilities responsible for design, retrofit and upgrade of data center projects and leadership of critical projects cross-functionally.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and managing a team of data center facilities engineers.
- Lead a team of facilities engineers to prepare electrical and civil specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future data center design reviews
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical and civil systems, and lead improvements.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedule.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Review and update data center electrical " as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
- Coordinate with the site teams to establish all required service contracts prior to handover.
- Develop and approve processes, procedures, and reporting metrics that help drive successful turnover of new Data Centers.
- Manage operational and work assignments of the team to ensure consistency of approach and design assumptions.
- Establish strong rapport within team members, support national practices that drive employee engagement and productivity.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining associate technical documentation for data centers.
- Responsible for managing quality and service of the operation and maintenance of multiple critical facility infrastructure systems, in accordance with company' s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor' s or Graduate degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls), or 10+ years of experience in one of these disciplines
- Eight or more years’ experience with construction and/or operations of mission critical facilities
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories
- Knowledge of mission critical power distribution and generator power systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Cross-discipline knowledge of critical facility systems
- At least 5-7 years of experience managing engineers and various stakeholders
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales