Find your next opportunity now!
Sr. Manager of Network Engineering - Automation
Littleton, CO 80112
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior Manager of Network Engineering over network automation design with secondary advanced knowledge in data center, xHaul, and network security. This manager will oversee the planning, architecture, and design of automation for network routers, switches, and security devices, across the nationwide environment supporting the buildout of our new 5G wireless infrastructure.
The Network Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a team accountable for automation architecture and design of network devices in a large-scale service provider network. Network automation architecture and design will include the processes, scripts and other mechanisms used to manage network devices in an orchestrated, automated, zero-touch fashion including integration with higher-level end-to-end automation tools.
This team will have a close cross-functional relationship with Data Center Network Engineering, Network xHaul, Network Security, Data Mobility Engineering, Core Translations Design, Traffic/Transport Engineering, Network Implementation/Design, Performance Management and Peering Interconnect Management teams. This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Head of Network Engineering for DISH Wireless and may require some travel.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Network Design/Implementation team and provide consistent leadership through the hiring, planning, communicating, and managing of the team
- Create and maintain network architecture
- Design and develop network node configurations
- Support validation, deployment, optimization and operations of network nodes
- Manage capital budget, commercial contracts, hardware/software purchase orders
- Testing and validation of new IP services, feature enhancements and software bug fixes
- Establish, validate and maintain direct interconnects with other mobile carriers for interoperability
- Develop and maintain 2 to 3-year strategic infrastructure plan including long-term vision, technology roadmaps, goals and objectives
- Develop and oversee change management and quality assurance processes including review and approval of engineering design proposals, implementation plans, and acceptance plans
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales