Find your next opportunity now!
Sr. Transport Design Engineer
DISH Wireless is seeking a Transport Design Engineer with strong, current, fiber optic network, microwave network and data traffic engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
The Transport Design Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and performing detailed and complex engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of the transport in a wireless network. Transport engineering activities will include developing operating and performance specifications for backhaul, midhaul and fronthaul, for both lit and dark fiber services, as well as microwave/millimeter wave options. Transport network architecture, routing and throughput design activities will also be a key component of this position.
- Develop technical performance requirements for the 5G transport network in conjunction with the system architecture team.
- Transport system architecture including reliability and redundancy requirements.
- Responsible for developing and supporting transport/ traffic engineering portions of network projects such as cell build program, hardware conversions, fiber to cell initiatives, datacenters, E911, and IP based technologies.
- Detail MOP’ s for network integration for transport nodes, cell site routers, and microwave radio devices across multi-vendor platforms.
- Recommend network improvements to the local RF and IP network engineering teams.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- 5-8 years of Wireless Network experience
- Must have a strong understanding of wireless network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering.
- Detailed understanding of Optical Networks, OTN, DWDM, ROADM, FOADM, SDH, SONET, 40G/100G/200G/400G coherent optical transmission technologies, Ethernet, Wave, Switching, Routing, Data Networks, DCN, and Synchronization of optical networks.
- Working knowledge with various interface SDH/OTN/DWDM products like Ciena (6500, CPL, 5430, 5410), Cisco ONS15454 DWDM, Infinera (DNT-X, XT), Juniper MX/PTX TCX1000 series routers and switches, and Alcatel Lucent (1830 PSS4/PSS32/PSS64).
- Have implemented and have a detailed knowledge of various OAM&P platforms such as Ciena (OMEA/One Control), Cisco (CTC/CPO/EPNM), Juniper proNX, Northstar and Infinera (DNA), and ECI (EMS/NMS).
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades.
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications for Dark and Ethernet fiber requirements for procurement.
- Experience with pathing, hot cuts, trunking, and migrations.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills a must.
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high volume environment supporting aggressive targets.
- Experience drawing complex system diagrams.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales