Find your next opportunity now!
Technical Services Supervisor / CCTV, IPTV, AV, Access Control
6070 North Flint Road Glendale, WI 53209
The Technical Services Supervisor is responsible for project oversite of customer accounts for CableCom, LLC. The Supervisor will oversee sub-contractors and on-site installations of access control, cameras, paging and IPTV network equipment.
- Meet all the requirements of the Tech Services Technician position.
- Review project summary documentation including time sheets, daily logs, materials reconciliations, project summaries and any other pertinent information to ensure accurate completion.
- Ensure techs abide by and enforce safety and proper building codes.
- Provide department specific safety training to technicians, as needed.
- Ensure technicians maintain accurate truck stock inventory
- Ensure vehicle inspections are performed and complete occasional audits to ensure compliance.
- Provide presales, sales and operation with technical expertise and support as the subject matter expert for Technical Systems installations including, video surveillance cameras, network video recorders, (NVR), Audio Visual (AV), Electronic Access Control security equipment, card readers, wiring, controllers, IPTV and CCTV.
- Provide a smooth technical transition of requirements from sales into operational deployment for the physical security systems design and implementation; including BOM review.
- Preparation of Security design documentation and bill of materials for expansion projects for the purposes of pricing by approved vendors.
- Deliver security projects in line with company business process, procedures, and systems to ensure effective project standardization.
- Troubleshoot errors and performance issues, perform preventative maintenance to systems with ongoing maintenance support contracts.
- Maintain verifiable system certifications and accreditations from various manufacture
- Communicate with both external & internal customers regarding project progress.
- Ensures Technicians actively participate in the maintenance of tools, equipment and all vehicles owned by the company, including routine maintenance and oil changes.
- Oversee system maintenance and upgrades in accordance with customer requirements and contracts, including tickets, audits, materials, spreadsheets and RMA’ s.
- Assemble and oversee qualified sub-contractors to support local and out of state installations and maintenance/service requests. Manage sub-contractors for adherence to safety and insurance requirements. Maintain documentation on subcontractor training and manufacturer certifications. Develop standard sub-contract rates.
- Serve as the primary contact for security and technical system projects; oversee the work activities of field staff and subcontractors on assigned projects, maintain a frequent physical presence, checking on quality of work, answering questions and advising on any issues that may arise; prepare red-lined as-built drawings
- Work with Directors on staff issues that may impact install deadline, quality control and safety concerns. Provide support and reinforce a team concept, while managing for efficiency and effective performance.
- Attend on-site facility, construction and contractor meetings, provide updates on discussions, schedule, deadlines and issues.
- Oversee construction budgets on projects, ensuring quality installations are delivered within budget and achieve maximum profit.
- Oversee customer premise equipment installations, including testing and turn-up.
- Perform quality control site visits checking on quality of work and advising on any issues for internal and external installation partners; perform day-to-day site walks for assessment and quality audits.
- Institute and monitor compliance in the field to OSHA and company safety policies as dictated from Safety Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Meet as indicated with PM team, Directors and Sales to provide project updates; including customer deliverables. Provide project close out assistance to assigned Project Manager.
- Respond to in-field customer requests, comments or complaints in a timely manner. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
- Exemplifies integrity & character at all times.
- Security installation and structured cabling experience is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety requirements.
- Must have experience reading construction prints.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Must have a valid driver’ s license and be insurable.
- Experience in the voice/data industry is preferred
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Basic networking knowledge
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales