Find your next opportunity now!
Traveling OSP Lineman II
3701 Communications Way Evansville, IN 47715
BroadStaff is happy to be working with our client, a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services, on their full time Lineman
Why Is This Job For Me?
This is a great position for a talented Lineman who can both perform and lead the aerial and underground fiber installation and repair work. This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays and off hours.
- Climbs poles, ladders and will lead new trainees
- Responsible for crew, vehicles, materials and crews production
- Coordinate fiber placing and repair activities with internal departments, our fiber carriers and customers
- Openly share knowledge with the internal team
- Accurately completes weekly progress forms, project activity reports and all other documentation pertaining to work assignments
- Can operate aerial lift equipment using proper safety equipment and instruct new trainees
- Follows OSHA, NESC, and company safety regulations and precautions when completing assigned work
- Performs aerial plant maintenance
Job Qualifications and More!
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Advanced technical training preferred.
- NCTI/SCTE certifications desirable
- Minimum of 3-5 years in line work and some fiber splicing and successfully worked in a Lineman 1 capacity
- Ability to read and interpret OSP maps and designs
- Knowledge of NESC, OSHA, and related state and local codes
- Proficient in the use of OTDR’ s and fiber optic cable splicing
- Windows based software skills (AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Access) preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, and follow up skills
- Good analytical and communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work effectively with multiple department staffs
- Ability to recognize priority issues and escalate accordingly
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales