Find your next opportunity now!
Associate RF Engineer - MA / 2314
1800 W Park Dr 2nd Floor Westborough, MA 01581 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Broadstaff is excited to work with our client, a communications infrastructure expert in 5G, small cell, tower, and fiber.
Duties: Support the RF Engineering team’s activities for design engineering (Small Cells and iDAS), construction technical support, site surveys, system testing and optimization.
Using sound engineering principles and planning tools, this position supports the RF Engineering team with the small cell sales process, project implementation, and the ongoing maintenance and modification of DAS and Small Cell Networks (SCN).
Essential Job Functions
• Interface with Customer and cultivate relationship with their engineering teams.
• Create DAS and small cell network designs and proposals.
• Utilize sales process workflow systems.
• Design systems by selecting sites, conducting CW tests, analyzing data, and prepare customer documentation.
• Configure, test, optimize and commission DAS and small cell networks.
• Support NOC and troubleshoot performance issues and new technology trials.
• Design and engineer small cell solutions.
• Leverage empirical and predictive design tools.
• Facilitate implementation of solutions and trials.
• Conduct field work and measurements.
• Operate test equipment and run post processing software.
• Provide planning, coordination as well as drive testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization.
• Coordinate, oversee or perform system optimization of multi-node outdoor SCN systems.
• Work closely with customer personnel regarding system design, performance and optimization, recommend configuration changes.
• Use a variety of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer, and pilot scanner.
• RF and fiber testing, reporting, and troubleshooting.
• Perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades.
• BSEE; MSEE preferred
• Entry Level - Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of RF engineering experience or equivalent
• Familiar with small cell architecture
• Able to use prediction tools and Mapinfo
• Knowledge of 2G,3G,4G wireless technologies
• Able to create link budgets, calculate noise figures, and calculate intermodulation products
• Knowledge of radio wave propagation fundamentals, antenna theory, and optical transmission
• Able to use test equipment and software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Ability to stay organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task.
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Meet Your Recruiter
Broadstaff's Program Administrator Julia has tenacious drive, talent and organization. When she's not working, she's hanging out with her cats Simon and Periwinkle.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales