Find your next opportunity now!
Communications Installer (Public Safety)
185 Clear Road Oriskany, NY 13424 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Position is a communications Technician position. Applicant MUST be willing a self-motivator. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, installation, and customer training on JVC Kenwood, Motorola Land Mobile Radio Products. This equipment includes Conventional, Trunkey, Simulcast, Analog and Digital technologies. Must be able to verbalize and communicate concepts and recommendations to the customers. Must have a detailed understanding of Motorola systems permitting the individual to assist in the design, troubleshooting and maintenance of Motorola’s product lines and 3rd Party suppliers.
The candidate will be required to travel to remote telecommunication sites which may include transportation methods using four-wheel drive vehicles, snow mobiles, snow-cat and/or helicopter transportation. Occasional work may require overnight stays away from home as business travel
Specific Knowledge/Skills - 3+ years’ experience as an electronics or field technician
• Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include JVC Kenwood Atlas, Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with Alcatel - Lucent MPR-8000 and 9500 series microwave equipment is strongly preferred.
• Individual must have a superior knowledge of one or more of the following; JVC Kenwood Atlas, Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom and MCC Console systems, Secure and ASTRO Digital systems and installation procedures.
• Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Service Software products, Kenwood Armada Software.
• Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Atlas, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles.
• Experience with digital microwave, two-way radio, CSU/DSU, Fiber Optic, WAN/LAN/WLAN. 802.11 experience and other wireless based technology.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales