Find your next opportunity now!
Construction Manager - Roanoke
Etters, VA 17319 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Construction forces are required to build the Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network in a manner that ensures quality network performance and reliability. The FTTH network must also be built in a manner that enables work operations for Installation and Maintenance forces to be highly efficient. Additionally, public safety should be taken into account regarding the placement of all network elements. This document will be revised and expanded accordingly as construction requirements warrant.
Descriptions and Responsibilities:
1. Contractor will provide all labor and equipment necessary to perform the work detailed in this document and the unit descriptions.
2. Contractor is responsible to follow all industry standards for both Underground and Aerial telecommunications installs.
3. Contractor shall be responsible for receiving and storing of materials provided by client for installation.
Contractor shall be responsible for maintaining and protecting the integrity of the fiber upon receipt, through installation, testing and turnover to client. Any deficiencies discovered during final testing shall be repaired by
Contractor at no additional cost to client . Contactor may perform pre?installation fiber testing at its option.
Contractor shall be subject to regular audits of all materials acquired for the project in contractor’s possession.
Timely response of subject audits is expected. Contractors shall return all unused materials to client warehouse within one (1) week of completion of project.
4. Contractor shall be responsible for identification, verification and documentation of all existing utilities for purposes of preparation of 811/Miss Utility and utility municipal notifications. Contractor shall prepare and
submit all tickets for any underground installation. Contractor shall be responsible for confirming a clear ticket before the commencement of any underground construction. Primary and subcontractors must have hard copy of dig ticket on site with response codes. Contractor will provide client weekly street sheets identifying location of the work for the week, contractors/sub?contractor contact information, Department of Highway permit and utility tickets specific to work location no later than Monday’s at 7:30am.
5. Contractor shall be responsible for damages to utilities, (public and private) including but not limited to, reporting, restoration, and replacement of said utilities. It is required for all Prime Contractors and sub?
contractors working on this project to have knowledge and adhere to the state and localities Underground Damage and Prevention Act that governs all excavation activity in Virginia.
6. Contractor shall clean up and dispose of all construction debris while maintaining no more than 500’ of unrestored work area.
7. Client will provide the following items while working on the Fiber to the Home Project
14. Production reports shall accurately document the status of the construction build including materials used (consumption) and the total amount of structures placed. The contractor shall utilize client supplied documentation and/or software for all reporting purposes. This will include but not limited to smartphones apps, email, and web applications.
Contractor reports shall include;
a) Daily information shall be reported to the Field Project Manager (or other client Rep) to include;
1. Rain delays or crew absences.
2. Damages, complaints, or injuries.
3. Footages placed by aerial, buried, fiber.
4. Rock approvals.
b) Weekly production report shall be loaded into Smartsheet of which will include;
1. Strand linear footage placed
2. Trench linear footage placed
3. Fiber linear footage placed
4. Rock footage (railhead, ram hoe, rock saw, hand dig, etc.)
5. Spliced linear footage
c) Weekly material consumption shall be loaded into Smartsheet of which will include;
1. As?Placed strand material consumed
2. As?Placed conduit material consumed
3. As?Placed fiber footage based on the cable sequential readings
4. Quantity of supporting materials used such as hand holes and other material identified by client.
5. Splicing material consumed
15. Prime Contractor and all sub?contractors will complete tasks as assigned within the NRBY data management platform. NRBY will also be utilized by the prime contractor and sub?contractors to be made aware of sensitive
locations within an assigned area. (DSA and or PON).
16. Final as?built prints will be provided within fifteen (15) business days of project completion. Drawings shall be red lined and reproduced in Adobe Acrobat or similar digital method (not by hand). Client approval is required for other methods. Cable sequence in/sequence out readings will need to be provided at each of the following instances as applicable:
1. Each Pole Attachment
2. Hand hole
4. Aerial Storage Loop
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales