Find your next opportunity now!
Engineering Designer I - NC / 2156
3500 Regency Parkway Suite 100 Cary, NC 27518 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
We are seeking an Engineering Designer I to join our client’s Engineering team. The Engineering team maintains the safety and longevity of our towers and ensures high level compliance with industry standards. Day to day you will use Computer Aided Drafting and Design to develop wireless carrier-specific construction drawings that may include electrical layouts, site plans, customer installation drawings, and structural modification drawings for telecommunication towers. As an Engineering Designer I, you will partner cross-functionally to, in accordance with customer feedback, verify customer applications, equipment placement, compound accuracy, revisions, and construction drawings. You will also perform other services as required by the Structural Engineering team.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
• Operate AutoCAD with a basic understanding of national and internal CAD standards; prioritize work queues to meet deadlines.
• Collaborate with Design team members and Engineers on design matters.
• Maintain drawing integrity by continually updating CAD drawings with applicable additions and changes.
• Utilize surveys and other information sources to maintain compound accuracy. Evaluate the best location for proposed equipment within the compound while considering contractual restrictions and ease of access.
• Coordinate with team members and organizational partners to incorporate vendor equipment in construction documents and details.
• Create unique detailing and designs for basic projects consisting of steel design, electrical engineering, and civil engineering.
• Perform peer review of basic drawings.
• Revise drawings in accordance with instructions from the engineer, customer, and team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required or, instead, an Associate degree in a related field combined with either 1 year of construction, engineering firm, or telecommunications industry experience or, for the Steel Design team, 1 year of either steel design or fabrication detailing in CAD required.
• Advanced Steel, Civil 3D, Inventor, Infra Works, or other BIM software experience strongly preferred.
• Detail oriented with the ability to produce accurate construction drawings and site plans.
• Proficient with computer software programs, including AutoCAD 2017 or higher and Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Basic knowledge of structural components, construction, and general engineering concepts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
• Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Broadstaff's Program Administrator Julia has tenacious drive, talent and organization. When she's not working, she's hanging out with her cats Simon and Periwinkle.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales