Find your next opportunity now!
FC - InBuilding/Venue Interconnect Engineer III - NJ / 46187
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Construction and Transport management experience.
- Transport experience including: ISP, EBH, Microwave, Inside, and Outside Plant
- Experience in office computer applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Experience with desigining, ordering, managing and delvering Fronthaul and Backhaul Circuits
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to balance technical and business requirements
- Excellent organizational and planning skills (setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; consistently following up on outstanding items; and providing focus in meetings and discussions).
- Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty and to effectively deal with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
- Flexible and creative (seeks out and attempts alternate solutions to resolve issues, and seamlessly adjusts to a dynamic, changing business environment).
- Willingness to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed.
- Experience in telecommunications / data networking or wireless industry.
- Experience in 5G network architecture and equipment.
- Experience managing large scale projects that interface between multiple teams.
- Experience in vendor management, equipment ordering, and forecasting.
- Experience in reading, understanding, and commenting on construction drawings.
- Experience in 4G network architecture, CRAN architecture, and equipment.
- Experience driving troubleshooting efforts.
As an Interconnect Engineer, you will be part of a team that works with the latest technology to provide our customers access to our many network components including 5G systems. You will be responsible for providing end to end technical oversight for transport network deliveries to In-Building/Venues. These projects focus on the expansion of the Build Plan, EBH, dark fiber, ngMLS, local ISP (Internet Service Provider), and microwave network.
- Design and implement all equipment and infrastructure supporting In Building Venue projects including, but not limited to ISP, EBH and Microwave transport systems deployed throughout the VZW (or customer provided) Network.
- Collaborating with local markets on designing, and implementing the latest transport technologies in support of our 5G network rollout, in addition to, supporting the existing 4G LTE infrastructure.
- Utilizing an internal database to document all fiber assets, and design end to end circuit paths to include equipment configurations and card/port assignments.
- Developing and maintaining circuit delivery schedules for each project and actively managing and driving the vendors to meet our deliverables.
- Running various utilization reports to evaluate capacity, and issue design changes as needed to maintain optimal performance of the fronthaul, backhaul, and microwave networks.
- Working with Network planning on strategic initiatives to develop future technology solutions that support our infrastructure.
- Collaborating with other network groups to ensure projects meet expectant demands in support of the company’s objectives.
- Managing capital spending on a monthly basis to align with forecasted spend and project timelines.
- Completing transport related milestones using engineering tools such as Conquest, Granite, FUZE, etc.
- Provide technical expertise in IP assignment
- Understand ISP Specifications and EBH specifications
- Experience with ISP to EBH conversions and disconnecting old services
- Analyzing Cost and time as it relates to different backhaul solutions to deliver with the fastest solution, but providing the highest quality service for VBG Customers
- M-F, 8-5
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales