Find your next opportunity now!
FC - Transport Engineer II - TX / 49845
Houston, TX 77001 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
- Perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly wireless traffic analyses across multiple wireless switches and hundreds of cell sites.
- Collect and analyze traffic data to project performance and growth requirements.
- Work with other groups to ensure the growth projects are meeting the expected demands of the business.
- Transport engineering, ordering, tracking, and implementation for 5G new build and mod projects in Central Gulf Coast Submarket.
- As a Transport Engineer you will be part of a team that works with the latest technology to provide our customers access to our many network components including 5G systems.
- Work closely with transport providers, Field Operations, and Maintenance Engineering to complete projects.
- Complete network design for new projects as needed.
- Complete documentation of transport circuits, paths, and equipment using CND (formerly Granite).
- Interface with operations and maintenance engineers across the organization to ensure we are meeting company-wide standards.
- Work with Network Planning on strategic initiatives to develop future technology solutions and features and growth jobs on existing products that support our network infrastructure.
- 3 or more years of experience in the communications industry in a Transport Engineering role
- Experience with lit and dark fiber vendors, their organizational processes and standards, as well as their network portfolio maps.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
- Senior Engineer-level troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently.
- Decision making skills - making appropriate use of all available information and data; anticipating the future and preparing accordingly; recognizing the impact of decisions upon the rest of the organization; receiving broad guidance; being accountable for broad project results; and being responsible for the leadership of broad programs in support of organizational strategies.
- Organizational and planning skills - setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; consistently following up on outstanding items; and providing focus in group meetings and individual discussions.
- Experience with CND or XNG/Granite circuit inventory database.
- Experience with Fuze project management tool.
- Financial management experience - budgets, purchase orders, receiving
- Minimum Associates Degree or 4 or more years of equivalent work experience
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales