Find your next opportunity now!
FC Transport Engineer IV CO/ 50156
10000 Park Meadows Drive Lone Tree, CO 80134 US
- You will be responsible for providing end-to-end technical oversight and project management for transport network expansion projects, focused primarily on our microwave network but may also include other assignments involving our fiber network.
- You will provide technical support and project management for the implementation of transport equipment supporting Network infrastructure projects including, but not limited to, microwave point-to point or point to multi-point installations.
- You will be responsible for microwave design/review, regulatory filings, and implementation.
- You will be managing vendor selection and ongoing vendor relationships.
- You will utilize internal databases to project manage, assign IPs, document all microwave assets, and design end-to-end circuit paths to include equipment configurations and card/port assignments.
- You will be developing and maintaining circuit delivery schedules for each project and actively managing and driving the vendors to meet our deadlines and deliverables.
- You will be running various utilization reports to evaluate capacity, and issue design changes as needed to maintain optimal performance of the microwave networks.
- You will be collaborating with other Verizon Network and Planning teams to ensure projects meet expectant demands in support of the Company’s objectives.
- You will be responsible for managing capital spending on a monthly basis to align with forecasted spend and project timelines.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the communications industry in a Microwave Engineering or Transport Engineering role.
- Experience with microwave system design and implementation.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless network engineering to new projects.
- Senior Engineer-level troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently. - Decision making skills - making appropriate use of all available information and data; anticipating the future and preparing accordingly; recognizing the impact of decisions upon the rest of the organization; receiving broad guidance; being accountable for broad project results; and being responsible for the leadership of broad programs in support of organizational strategies.
- Organizational and planning skills - setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; consistently following up on outstanding items; and providing focus in group meetings and individual discussions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications.
- Experience with XNG/Granite or similar circuit inventory database.
- Experience with Fuze project management tool.
- Financial management experience - budgets, purchase orders, receiving
- Experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Access applications.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Minimum Associates Degree or four (4) or more years equivalent work experience
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales