Find your next opportunity now!
Fiber Construction Manager- Shelbyville IN
Shelbyville, IN 46176 US
Responsible for the overall direction, administration, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects. Manages project scope, budget and schedule to establish operational priorities and maintains satisfactory relationships with construction coordinators, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Manage and oversee work sites for both new construction and overbuild projects, coordinating site activities and assuring that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the project goals and objectives
- Oversee and provide direction to construction sites, sub-contractors, workers and vendors to ensure a high level of quality and safety
- Liaise between engineers, permit agencies, and others working on the project
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues
- Provide technical support to Project Managers
- Adhere to legal regulations, OSHA codes, and other requirements
- Perform equipment, material, and routine site inspections
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions
- Attend coordination and progress meetings; make regular trips to sites during construction including bid walks, preconstruction walks, in-progress site visits, punch walks, and construction closeout
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred
- Experience working as a telecommunications construction supervisor
- 7+ years in construction management
- Experience in Aerial and Underground Telecommunications construction methods and specifications; Fiber to the home experience is preferred
- Experience in construction quality management and assurance
- Knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret technical drawings and contracts
- Knowledge of resource management and scheduling methods
- Ability to lead others in the completion of a project within schedule, budget guidelines, and customer requirements
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Ability to manage multiple work zones simultaneously with a constant eye on quality
- Knowledge of jobsite safety practices
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Skilled in interpreting telecommunications construction drawings in hard copy and digital format
- Experienced in providing redline updates to construction plans
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- GIS experience is a plus
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
Meet Your Recruiter
Winner of Broadstaff's Rookie of the Year 2021, Hailey is a skilled Lead Career Consultant for Broadstaff and enjoys helping people find their dream jobs. When she is not working, you can find her on the golf course!
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales