Find your next opportunity now!
Fiber Engineer - CA / 2411
One Park Place Suite 300 Dublin, CA 94568 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Broadstaff is excited to work with our client, a communications infrastructure expert in 5G, small cell, tower, and fiber.
Own and execute the milestone of Fiber and Small Cell drawings.
- Responsible for the ordering, forecasting, reviewing, and actualization of all construction drawings related to modification, collocation and construction of Fiber and Small Cells.
- Coordinate and expedite drawing production, including pricing/contracting with A&E vendors, quality control initial drawings, coordinating with carrier, QC initial drawings, managing changes/revisions, and ensuring construction drawings match accordingly.
- Validate consistency of drawing against structural analysis and application, ensuring that drawings and applications match in equipment, quantity, etc.
- Evaluate ground space requirements for new colocations, ensuring that CAD site drawings are accurately updated.
- Coordinate resolution of design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.).
- Ensure District Manager/Lead Project Manager (if applicable) and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Validate company requirements as a tower owner and create redlines as appropriate.
- Upload/send deliverables to appropriate carrier and internal databases as required.
- Participate in internal & external deployment meetings as directed by leadership.
- Responsible for maintaining PMT forecasting dates and actualizing the “Obtain CDs” milestone.
Create and coordinate backbone fiber routes.
- Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active plant.
- Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Obtain As-built docs from construction as required.
- Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
- Participate in on-call rotation providing Fiber Engineering support after normal work hours.
- Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
- Submit all necessary change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
- Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR’s & test shots for closeout
- After completion close out tasks in CRM.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- One 1-3 years of A&E Drawing experience and/or Telecom construction experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance, and property management.
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints along with and understanding of tower/roof top structural details.
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of workflow problems, critical paths, and institute remedies.
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues.
- Google Earth and KMZ/KML creation and management.
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction services: telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, towers, lines, and antennas.
- Ability to communicate across multiple service groups to both internal and external customers.
- Understanding of GO95 and experience with utility applications.
- Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 90% of the time.
- Required travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 10% of the time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Broadstaff's Program Administrator Julia has tenacious drive, talent and organization. When she's not working, she's hanging out with her cats Simon and Periwinkle.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales