Find your next opportunity now!
Fiber Engineer - WA / 2762
1505 Westlake Ave N Seattle, WA 98109 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
- Attend Kick-Off meetings if new backbone, lateral, and / or riser fiber is required.
- Review sales engineering design and determine backbone fiber route.
- Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups; or create as required.
- Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations. (Note: New sites require the site survey form completed, submitted, and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.)
- Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
- Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Construction to handle MPOE splice & demarc splices on new lateral builds only. Coordination of fiber cable count & demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
- Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
- Obtain Quote/Bids from contractors for all backbone splicing & end/end testing.
- Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing Fiber engineering Support after normal work hours.
- Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
- Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
- Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR’s & test shots for closeout
- After completion close out tasks in CRM.
- Approve all vendor invoices for the project in ReqLogic.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- BS/BA (preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees) or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1+ years of fiber engineering and construction management experience or equivalent and 1+ years of field construction management experience with preference to both outside plant and inside plant fiber construction.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
- Preference given to candidates who also have small cell wireless node engineering experience – wood/metal poles in the right of way
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
- PMP certification a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales