Find your next opportunity now!
Field Operations Technician
Irvine, CA 92602 US
- Install, Turn–up, Test and Provision SONET, WDM and Ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network adhering to engineered design.
- Conduct and validate all testing of network equipment to ensure adherence to all Crown Castle Fiber procedures and equipment manufacturer’s specifications.
- Work with the Network Operations Center for final acceptance and testing of all newly installed equipment and rings. Tests to include validation of all provisioning, all alarm monitoring to the NMS (Network Management System), network switch protection, etc.
- Work with Fiber Optic, SONET, Ethernet and SDH related test equipment including OTDR, PMD, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, BER Test Sets, Sniffers.
- Perform site survey of remote locations to ensure quality installation of all racks, equipment power plants, fiber cable, etc. Report any and all defects to the Operations Manager and /or OSP Project Engineer.
- Label and tag all equipment and cabling according to Network Engineering Diagrams.
- Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of problems / issues while assisting the NOC/customer.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary.
- Complete and maintain electronic records of work completed on various assignments.
- Interface with customers and carriers in support of service delivery and assurance.
- Work independently for extended periods of time.
- Respond to Customer Troubles on 24-hour basis.
- Work closely with the NOC, Sales, Engineering, and customers.
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Valid Driver’s license required
CCNA Certification (or equivalent) a plus
Two (2)+ years of experience performing installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment
Working knowledge of SONET networks and hardware, WDM networks and hardware, Ethernet – 10/100/1000BaseT networks and hardware
Testing and delivering high speed telecommunications services
Operating variety of telecommunications test equipment
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn a variety of new tracking and software programs
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Work well in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem-solving environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
- Strong communication skills
- Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge preferred.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales