Find your next opportunity now!
GIS Mapping Specialist - Indianapolis, IN
1728 Churchman Ave Indianapolis, IN 46203 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
The primary responsibility of a GIS Mapping Specialist is to utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology to support the planning, design, and implementation of fiber optic networks. Your expertise in GIS mapping and analysis will play a crucial role in ensuring the accurate and efficient deployment of fiber optic infrastructure.
- Collect, manage, and update geospatial data related to fiber optic network infrastructure, including aerial imagery, land use data, existing utility infrastructure, and other relevant datasets.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of GIS databases through regular maintenance and quality control processes.
- Collaborate with engineers, project managers, and other stakeholders to analyze project requirements and develop comprehensive GIS-based network plans and designs.
- Utilize geospatial data and specialized software to identify optimal routes for fiber optic cables, considering factors such as existing infrastructure considerations.
- Create detailed and accurate maps, diagrams, and visualizations to depict fiber optic network layouts, routes, and connectivity.
- Generate both static and interactive maps for presentations, reports, and project documentation. Utilize GIS software and tools to overlay various data layers, perform spatial analysis, and identify potential network conflicts or constraints.
- Perform an evaluation of the practicality and efficiency of deploying efficient routing techniques to maximize operational efficiency and optimize resource utilization.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, industry standards, and best practices related to GIS data management and network design.
- Maintain accurate documentation of GIS processes, methodologies, and standards.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, permit applications, and other documentation required for regulatory approvals.
- Develop an understanding of other City/County utility design and implications to fiber routing.
- Computer Science/GIS/Engineering background preferred.
- Knowledge of utility networks preferred.
- A working knowledge of Outside Plant Engineering in AutoCAD, and/or client-specific GIS software is ideal.
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network design
- Excellent communication skills, team player, detail oriented, motivated
- Strong attention to detail to maintain, enter and manipulate data in a GIS database.
- Ability to manage a fair workload by staying focused and managing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to read and assess fiber and/or HFC designs and prints.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales