Find your next opportunity now!
InBuilding RF Engineer III - NY / 49785
132 Creek Cir East Syracuse, NY 13057 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- A degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Knowledge of RF theory and practice, as well as 5G and LTE/VoLTE technology.
- Experience in design of 5G and LTE/VoLTE networks.
- Expert knowledge of propagation modeling software such as Atoll.
- Understanding of 5G and LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
- Knowledge of various IB RF tools such as iBwave.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including VB macro creation and worksheet manipulation.
- Experience with a project workflow tool is a plus, e.g. Fuze.
Our network engineering team keeps us ahead of the competition. As an RF Engineer, you’ll be supporting some major projects that will transform our In-building (IB) cell sites, to improve network performance and customer experience. You’ll play a key role in making sure our customers continue to enjoy the crystal-clear connections and top-notch call performance that we’re known for.
- Managing search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals.
- Using internal tools to process regulatory compliance including RF Emission study evaluation, and E911 filings.
- Working on new cell sites, making sure the site is properly integrated into the network and optimized for peak performance by setting up accurate CQs.
- Performing In Building Cell design, including antenna selection and placement and issuing the correct RF Design Sheets (RFDS) to the Engineering teams.
- Using knowledge of 5G, LTE, CDMA 1x, EVDO and microwave to contribute to network design.
- Preparing timely FCC/FAA and FAS submissions.
- Conducting data analysis of switch statistics and drive data by conducting drive/walk testing for potential sites, new site integration, and system optimization.
- Maintaining accuracy of the databases and tools to ensure proper reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in RF design and optimization.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales