Find your next opportunity now!
Make Ready Specialist- Remote NY
41 State St 10th Floor Albany, NY 12207 US
General Statement of Duties:
The Make Ready Specialist is responsible for processing all required utility make ready needed to obtain a license in a timely and compliant manner to allow the client to safely attach to utility poles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue utility make ready packages to approved contractors for review and cost estimate.
- Tracks and follows up on pending estimates to ensure they are obtained within strict time frames through to post inspection completion.
- Communicate with other third party attachers to coordinate additional make ready that may be required.
- Troubleshooting resolutions to decrease delays and/or expenses.
- Actively seeks to develop business rapport with licensing stakeholders, utility representatives, contractors, and vendors, exhibiting professionalism while representing the company.
- Completes purchase requisitions for licensing and make-ready work. Reviews final invoices for accuracy, addressing discrepancies with the vendor.
- Updates both internal and external electronic databases. Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted industry standards.
- Communicates make ready and licensing developments with internal departments to keep projects moving.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge, and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have thorough knowledge of applicable outside plant licensing and make ready regulations as well as industry standards and procedures. Should possess strong computer skills with an ability to type 60-65 words per minute and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs as well as have an aptitude to learn and navigate multiple operating systems such as Salesforce / SiteTracker. Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with utilities, contractors, municipalities, and associates, exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting high-pressure situations. Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience. Associates Degree in business administration, engineering, or related field with three (3) years relevant experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales