Find your next opportunity now!
NOC Technician - PA/ 2827
2000 Corporate Dr Canonsburg, PA US
**Please include at the top of the resume if your candidate can work any and all times, prefers one shift over the other, ok with rotations, can work weekends if needed, etc.
Reports to: Small Cell NOC Supervisor
Provides support in a 24x7x365 days/year Network Operations Center that monitors, resolves, tests, and escalates SCN DAS and WiFi alarms and security issues to ensure company compliance with customer requirements. Ensure all SCN DAS and WiFi networks are meeting industry standards and meeting performance goals.
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as primary support for Small Cell Operations by managing internal and customer devices, performing analysis of alarms, and taking steps to restore service.
• Engage field operations and Tier 2 support for network equipment issues as needed.
• Respond to client requests and notify clients of network problems and business impacts
• Review planned and unplanned changes to network infrastructure.
• Monitor the Small Cell networks by using provided systems and tools to remotely access complex equipment and test/resolve alarms on these networks.
• Provide surveillance on 7x24 basis to observe and document alarms on networks and equipment
• Using provided tools to localize network problems to host or remote equipment
• Provide correlation of multiple alarm conditions or tickets to identify root cause trouble resolution.
• Monitor and perform testing of the WiFi systems, provide diagnostics for the network performance and interface with customer NOC center for feedback on customer issues.
• Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
• Monitoring and control of after-hours for emergency fiber/cable locate process to escalate to field personnel as needed.
• Interface with field personnel to verify repairs, testing of alarm systems and documenting resolutions.
• Basic troubleshooting and configuration of data alarm connectivity designs.
• Provide first contact for large scale outages, lead outage calls, and provide feedback on outages for customers, contractors, technicians, and other involved employees.
• Configure and modify Small cell networks and nodes to Network Monitoring software.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes, and systems associated with the SCN and WiFi systems.
• Associates degree or equivalent technical training in electronics.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of customer service and/or service dispatch experience
• Telecommunication and wireless experience preferred
• Knowledge of wireless telecommunications network management systems
• Excellent sense of personal accountability
• Excellent customer service skills with strong problem solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn specialized system tools
• Skilled at completing tickets for maintenance purpose
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of wireless communications a plus
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to make critical decisions
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Shift work including nights and weekends.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales