Find your next opportunity now!
Network Engineer- CO/ 389
5701 S SANTA FE DRIVE Littleton, CO 80120 US
The client is seeking an Interconnect/Peering Engineer with a detailed understanding of how the Internet and voice routing works on a global and local basis. This position requires a solid understanding and experience with peering agreements, 3rd party voice and data services, DNS, IP addressing, BGP, etc. to support efficient, low-latency processing of all mobile data traffic. Traffic is expected to grow as the new 5G national network is built and candidates should have the ability to define and specify a range of connectivity options based on changing traffic. Candidates should have familiarity with network operators and other service provider networks and processes including Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), Tier 1 ISPs, and specialized carriers.
The Interconnect Engineer will be responsible for evaluating business opportunities and performing detailed engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of the data and voice interconnection in a wireless network. This person may also be responsible for specifying equipment, APIs, virtual resources, etc. to create world-class data services for Dish customers.
In this role, you will:
- Develop peering, IP transit, and other interconnection requirements for the 5G network.
- Create business cases to add/remove/change flow of traffic to 3rd parties and the impact on the business unit
- Manage data traffic flows and recommend network changes as traffic profiles change.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of reliability, security, and redundancy requirements.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge-sharing activities.
- Ability to define and manage performance with SLAs and KPIs.
As a successful Interconnect Engineer, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Math, Finance, Engineering)
- 4 + years of Internet / Telecommunications network experience
- Working knowledge of DNS and BGP; familiarity with virtualization & software-defined networking a plus
- Correlate telemetry, establish benchmarks, and provide insights, transforming network operations to a highly proactive model
- Familiarity with optical networking and interfaces
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Understanding of traffic engineering, Internet access services, and Ethernet services
- Understanding how throughput and performance metrics are obtained, processed, and stored
- Knowledge of telecom industry partners and services
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales