Find your next opportunity now!
Network Operations Technician- FL/ 2824
3605 NW 82nd Ave Doral, FL 33166 US
Essential Job Functions
• Perform all activities in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself, team, customers, and the public.
• Respond to all network outages, impairments, and emergencies in assigned area.
• Complete all required preventative maintenance inspections to the clients standards.
• Install, Turn-up, test, and provision SONET, DWDM, and Ethernet equipment in an optical fiber network adhering to engineered design.
• Work with fiber optic, SONET/Ethernet related test equipment including Network Tester, OTDR, Optical Power Meter, Optical Fiber Identifier, Multimeter, DC plant tester.
• Operate and understand RF and Small Cell related test equipment, such as Antenna/PIM analyzer, RF power meter, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, Fusion splicer.
• Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of issues while assisting the NOC and customers.
• Perform site survey and quality review of remote locations to ensure company standards are met.
• Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary.
• Operate PC or similar devices to gain access to Network nodes, CPE devices/Small Cell Network elements as well as assigned administrative tasks.
• Work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional departments and peers.
• Responsible for compliance with All Client policies and procedures.
• Participate in on-call rotation schedule for nights and weekend coverage.
• Safe work practices must be followed along with integrity and quality
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Associates or two-year Technical degree strongly preferred
• Wireless/Wireline Operations, Ethernet certification or equivalent military experience preferred
• Possess a valid state driver’s license with a non-negligent driving record
• Two (2) + years’ experience working as a field technician in the communications industry.
• Experience with Ethernet, Sonet and fiber optic testing or Wireless/Wireline Operations OSP/ISP experience.
• Knowledge of Coax and Low voltage trouble shooting
• Ability to safely drive and operate a company bucket truck in the public right of way.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to work in Web Based ticketing and network monitoring systems
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, while managing time for maximum efficiency.
• Knowledge of radio transmitters, receivers, antennas, electronic and fiber optic theory
• Great customer interaction / service
• Be able to represent the company brand
• Be able to follow installation schedule and meet time
• Be able to communicate in honest format
• Proficient in reading & understanding DLRs (Design Layout Record)
• Proficient in installing equipment in customer premise
• Proficient in installing equipment in POPs/HUBs
• Proficient with working with fiber tools (Power Meter, Light Source, Red Light, Scope, Cleaning materials and Label maker)
• Proficient with working with fiber jumpers and attenuators
• Proficient in using a testing device to test DIA and P2P circuits
• Proficient in troubleshooting from customer premise to POP/HUB location
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales