Find your next opportunity now!
OSP Engineer - Indianapolis, IN
1728 Churchman Ave Indianapolis, IN 46203 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
As an Outside Plant Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the planning, design, implementation of telecommunication and utility networks’ physical infrastructure. Your expertise will drive the expansion, optimization, and maintenance of fiber optic and copper cabling, conduits, poles, and related components. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, you’ll ensure the seamless execution of projects while adhering to industry standards and regulations.
Your responsibilities will encompass conducting thorough site surveys to assess feasibility and project requirements, crafting detailed engineering blueprints, and overseeing construction activities to ensure timely and efficient network deployment. You’ll utilize cutting-edge tools and technologies to create resilient and high performing outside plant solutions.
- Verify that preliminary fiber designs can be built as designed by conducting feasibility studies including preliminary design pole verification, parcel verification, design verification, potential utility conflict verification, and identify routing obstacles.
- Designing and planning the layout of telecommunications or utility networks in outdoor environments.
- Conduct site surveys to assess the feasibility of network installation and identify potential obstacles.
- Review and assess design files, ensuring they are print-ready and meet quality standards.
- Review print materials, including CAD prints and technical drawings to ensure compliance with permitting requirements.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams, including construction crews, project managers, and regulatory agencies.
- Managing project timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure timely and cost-effective completion.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards, safety regulations, and environmental guidelines.
- Continuously evaluating and recommending improvements to network design and performance.
- Previous experience in outside plant engineering, network design, or a related field.
- Proficiency in engineering design software, computer-aided design (CAD) tools, and geographic information systems (GIS) software. Familiarity with industry specific software and tools used for network planning and design.
- Understanding of relevant industry standards, regulations, and codes related to outside plant infrastructure, such as telecommunications, utility, or cable networks.
- Strong project management skills to effectively coordinate and oversee network installation projects, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to address unexpected challenges and issues.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness when creating engineering drawings, schematics, and documentation.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams, contractors, and regulatory agencies to ensure successful project execution.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales