Find your next opportunity now!
OSP Engineer II - NJ / 47528
290 W Mount Pleasant Ave Livingston, NJ 07039 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders for fiber feeder and distribution networks for FiOS, HiCAP, and Ethernet services as well as copper POTS and special services. Candidate must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant technicians and Operations team. This candidate must be able to manage a high volume of work activities, have visibility of customer needs, and ability to work assignments independently.
The Outside Plant Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and optimizing the client's network infrastructure in specific geographic locations in Northern New Jersey. This work will include designing upgrades, repairs, and enhancements to the Outside Plant fiber optic network which includes all structures (such as poles and conduit systems), cable (copper & fiber) and associated equipment for aerial, underground, buried, and customer premise equipment for multi-tenant buildings. The engineer will monitor and analyze service order requirements within a geographical turf and design solutions to extend fiber or copper service solutions to customer locations. He/she will coordinate with a variety of departments and also have direct customer contact. The engineer needs the ability to work in a diverse environment, handling business and residential customers, and must be able to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. The engineer must be able to price out solutions and select the most effective design. The engineer has the authority, up to a set dollar limit, to choose and implement solutions independently.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields or prior work experience in the telecommunications field.
- Proficient computer skills (windows-based programs and corporate database systems).
- Superior analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Customer contact skills and good written and oral communications skills are necessary.
- Prior working experience and basic knowledge of Outside Plant Engineering Practices & knowledge of LFACS, LEAD, and ICGS
- Experience with the CAD program as well as high proficiency with MS Excel and/or MS Access would be particularly useful.
- Strong communication skills associated with land and property access agreements, negotiation, skills, legal knowledge, attention to details, and time management.
- Prior experience working as a Right of Way agent or engineer. Experience conducting title and deed research, handling legal issues and documents to secure easements, premise access licenses, land acquisition, and preparing pathway resolutions.
- Monday - Home based remote office - work from home and/or attend to field surveys or customer meetings as needed
- Tuesday - Home based remote office - work from home and/or attend to field surveys or customer meetings as needed
- Wednesday - Report to Engineering Office in Livingston NJ
- Thursday - Report to Engineering Office in Livingston NJ
- Friday - Home based remote office - work from home and/or attend to field surveys or customer meetings as needed
Meet Your Recruiter
Broadstaff's Program Administrator Julia has tenacious drive, talent and organization. When she's not working, she's hanging out with her cats Simon and Periwinkle.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales