Find your next opportunity now!
OSP Technician - Indianapolis, IN
1728 Churchman Ave Indianapolis, IN 46203 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Outside Plant Technician (OSPT) assists in managing the daily operations of the outside fiber plant to include permitting, contracting, designing, maintenance of new building adds, and existing fiber facility relocations. OSPT’s are responsible for design and development of complex outside plant (OSP) equipment installations, modifications, and upgrades. OSPT’s work closely with other carriers, engineering firms, local/state agencies, and building owners/landlords on new building adds and relocations. OSPTs need to be able to take direction and incorporate design requirements and regulations into consideration without leaving valuable information out of the design. The OSPT must also be willing to assist with any fielding that may be required for a specific project. OSPTs often work within time constraints driven by the customer’s needs. An educational background in AutoCAD is recommended but not essential.
An OSPT main objective is to assist the Outside Plant Engineer (OSPE). OSPT’s work with OSPE’s to complete various tasks. Such tasks subject but not limited to:
- Perform site walks / visits.
- Perform manhole and handhole surveys.
- Utility Locating
- Using & maintaining company equipment
- Reading maps, prints, and work plan sets
- Editing KMZs, PDFs, & Prints
- Communicating with clients & internal OCM Personal Preparation of OSP Design documents using AutoCAD for permitting and construction prints.
- Assist in the field with collecting required information for a specific project.
- Use GIS to identify potential conflicts with permitting, construction, and Right of Way.
- Ability to read, analyze, & understand specific project scopes of work and translate into design drafting requirements.
- Work collaboratively with field staff and the permitting groups to prepare, draft, and review the necessary drawings for construction, permitting, and as-built records.
- Ability to read, analyze, & understand construction documents used for preparation of OSP design.
- Revise construction drawings per customer and convert internal redlines into as-builts.
- Highly professional and motivated.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Data analysis
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Time management skills
- Willing to learn and understand OSP design/construction.
- Ability to read/red-line construction drawings to facilitate new builds, relocations, and emergency repairs.
- Taking ownership of personal safety
- Other duties as required
- Walk on potentially uneven services while carrying testing equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Walk 1 – 5 miles per day.
- Climbing in / out of manholes carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Wearing / maintaining appropriate PPE
- May work in outdoors during inclement weather.
- Ability to travel by car.
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
Work is performed primarily in offices, vehicles, and outdoor settings, in all weather conditions, including temperature extremes, during day and night shifts. Work is sometimes performed in emergency and stressful situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate to loud in other situations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales