Find your next opportunity now!
Operations Manager TN
Nashville, TN 37202 US
- Manage regional operations for the New England Market including teams and projects management; managing personnel, vendors, clients, subcontractors and other key personnel and their interactions with clients.
- Full P&L responsibility for New England region construction market including setting and achieving budgets, meeting financial targets, job costing and overall financial management.
- Handles the daily management of each project and required action items – working with internal project management to drive prioritization and execution.
- Ensures that assigned workflow is being achieved and that tasks and milestones are being reached on time or ahead of schedule.
- Ensure the successful completion of all project deliverables according to projections and client expectations.
- Schedule and manage crews, subcontractors and materials for delivery
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at all sites and with all crews and subs, working with internal safety and project management resources.
- Work closely with personnel and clients to develop a successful team atmosphere
- Ensure all site-specific closeout documentation is complete, professional and submitted timely fashion, working with coordination staff to deliver per customer guidelines.
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train/promote learning to all your personnel.
- Assists Project Manager with bidding jobs and projects on as-needed basis.
- Drive the growth of the organization in the region through building teams to meeting client expectations.
- Direct the course and success of projects and project teams, including reporting and coordinating with existing team members.
- Successfully manage multiple projects and teams, understanding and effectively interfacing with multiple clients and their respective teams;
- Actively participate in the recruiting and training of new team members, contractors and other required resources to ensure success of market growth initiatives and to secure additional clients and projects
- Evaluate team’s strengths and weaknesses, interfacing with other internal managers to determine appropriate courses of action to organize and manage the most productive and efficient team.
- Review, monitor and improve existing processes and interaction with clients and teams; maximizing efficiencies and productivity;
- Work closely with team members to ensure proper methods, strategy and approach with projects and clients
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Previous experience managing large scale construction operation comprised of internal and sub-contractor resources.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in the wireless industry managing construction crews working for major wireless carriers.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Must be able to read, comprehend and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work
- Must be able to create materials list based on plans/scope of work, order and compile materials for crew in advance of deployment
- Recognize and provide a safe working environment with acceptable quality and efficiency. Knowledge of industry standard safety certifications and protocols
- Ability to manage a specific project within a structured environment
- Understanding of financial reporting in the construction industry – budgeting, work in progress, profitability etc…
- Attend weekly status meetings to go over site status; manage team of project managers creating an environment and culture of execution and accountability
- Maintain a periodic presence in the client office to facilitate a positive working relationship
- Comfortable working in an outdoor and indoor work environment (direct exposure to sun and heat)
- Team building, training and leadership in the wireless construction industry
- Knowledge of construction best practices, standards and general construction experience in the wireless industry
- Construction skills that include safety and general industry knowledge
- Successful completion of safety in rigging coursework preferred
- Work as part of a team – be able to take direction and implement action
- Present professional image at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger/handle/feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. Occasionally the work requires the employee to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Frequently the employee is required to lift or carry up to 10 or 25 lbs., and occasionally up to 50 lbs. The employee needs to have good vision for close work, distance, color discrimination, peripheral, and depth perception.
The Regional Operations Manager will be the key leader of our regional construction operation, reporting to the VP of construction. This is a highly visible senior management role within a growing organization and will require strong leadership and management skills to be successful.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.
- This position could require travel and extended stays at site or customer locations.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales