Find your next opportunity now!
PS Consultant III - REMOTE / 47053
1701 Golf Road Tower 3, Suite 109 Rolling Meadows, IL 60008 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Our client consults multinational corporations and government agencies regarding their cybersecurity posture, as well as advising executive leadership teams, advisory boards, and boards of directors through cybersecurity incidents and strategic planning. As a member of this world-class team of consultants located across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC you will be a part of a group that leads thousands of cybersecurity investigations and other proactive engagements while annually authoring the industry-leading Data Breach Investigations Report and Data Breach Digest going back to their inception in 2008.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working remotely (with occasional travel) in the continental U.S. as an integral part of a global response team.
- Leading and supporting complex engagements with a variety of clients across a wide range of business silos.
- Leveraging diverse methodologies to investigate cybersecurity incidents, which may include ongoing breach investigations, privacy issues, and non-compliance matters in order to provide an impact assessment and remediation recommendations to clients.
- Producing high-quality oral and written work products to present complex technical matters, clearly and concisely, to a variety of stakeholders.
- Four years of relevant digital forensic, cyber intrusion and incident response work experience, or similar.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (may be substituted for additional years of relevant work experience).
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to make recommendations to remediate complex security threats.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and present concise, relevant information to a non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to set and manage competing expectations and priorities with technical and senior stake- holders.
- Well-developed analytic, qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities and ability to share knowledge with colleagues.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to Travel; Comfort with intermittent periods of significant travel, evening and weekend hours.
- A valid Passport. This can be obtained after position acceptance.
- One or more technical certifications in areas such as incident handling, forensic analysis, reverse malware engineering or forensic tool-specific training.
- Experience with…
- Developing and managing incident response programs
- Network infrastructure and communication protocols
- Packet capture and TCP/UDP traffic flow analysis
- System and network log analysis o Programing or scripting languages(such as Python, PowerShell, etc.) in an incident handling environment.
- Advanced understanding of computer exploitation methodologies.
- Current information security solutions and technologies, including network and host-based products
- Implementing NIST information security guidelines o Using forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK, Sleuth Kit, Volatility, Axiom, Cellebrite, Black Light, X-Ways, or similar.
- SIEM, EDR, IDS, and DLP technologies.
- Memory and volatile data analysis. o Knowledge in enterprise cloud infrastructure (AWS, G-Suite, O365, Azure, etc.)
- Command line tooling (grep, sed, awk, PowerShell, etc.)
- Conducting security assessments, penetration testing or ethical hacking.
- Managing day-to-day aspects of privileged and confidential customer relationships
- Managing remote engagements with a variety of remote communication methods (video conferencing, telephonically and chat-based platforms).
- An advanced degree in a relevant field of study.
- Interest in authoring industry thought articles on technical and non-technical topics.
- Law enforcement, military intelligence, investigative or professional security services background preferred, but not required.
Broadstaff, LLC., provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification protected by federal, state or local laws.
Meet Your Recruiter
Broadstaff's Program Administrator Julia has tenacious drive, talent and organization. When she's not working, she's hanging out with her cats Simon and Periwinkle.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales