Find your next opportunity now!
Sales Engineer NY
12 Elmwood Road Albany, NY 12204 US
This newly created role provides the candidate with the opportunity to join a growing product line consisting of private networks, campus networks, and in-building wireless solutions. This role includes: developing the strategy, tackling new opportunities, supporting the business development team on presentations and solutions, and architecting the pricing models in collaboration with internal and external resources. There is a great deal of growth potential for this role.
- Design, build, and configure mobility solutions, including networking, IP networks, CBRS, and LTE solutions. Demonstrate solutions and provide technical guidance to account managers as needed.
- Accompany sales managers to meetings with clients and partners. Identify customer business goals and assist business development team in creating custom RFQs/RFPs in response to customers’ needs.
- Monitor marketplace and forecast new opportunities to present to team. Focus on large-venue, in-building solutions.
- Develop strong business relationships with top customers and partners.
- Work cross-functionally as technical advisor for company’s service offerings.
- Submit feedback to management for technical improvements and qualify customer feedback into actionable changes.
- Work with sales team as a key technical advisor.
- Present to prospects, customers, and partners, at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Develop technical sales plan to target verticals (MDUs, Hospitality, Healthcare, Commercial Real Estate, Logistics, Retail, Casinos, etc.) and customers to meet sales revenue targets.
- Implement strategies to improve win rates, beat the competition, and develop stronger technical buyer relationships.
- Understand and implement technical sales strategies based on competitive selling, especially in larger enterprises, e.g. Fortune 500.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations to effectively represent strategic requirements for large enterprise prospects.
- Partner with Marketing on effective strategies to manage and deliver demonstrations, maintain demo environments, and respond to RFPs.
- Work with Sales Management to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales revenue targets. Be a leader and a closer.
- Schedule and attend sales meetings to present ANS’ value proposition and identify new opportunities.
- Provide competitive proposals, highlighting ANS’ value proposition.
- Develop strong relationships with decision-makers/influencers with each opportunity.
- Maintain account information in the Hubspot CRM system.
- Drive opportunities with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Operations, and NOC teams) to deliver proposals and close deals with external customers.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills. Ability to interface with customer comfortably and effectively.
- 10+ years' experience in a pre-sales engineering leadership role selling into both enterprise and commercial accounts.
- 5+ years of cellular industry experience in pre-sales and sales engineering.
- Technical background in mobility solutions and related technology; up to date on market trends.
- Good practical understanding of cellular and cloud-centric architectures.
- Proven track record of success in the space. Relationships with large venue/commercial real estate owners a plus. Prior experience working with OEMs a plus.
- Understanding of the architecture, operations, and solutions of one or more of the following sets of wireless communication technology:
- LTE and CBRS
- Cloud architecture
- IP networks (LAN/WAN)
- DAS, 5G, small cell, RF
- DNS, fiber, UMTS, GSM
- A deep understanding of in-building small cell architecture and operations, CBRS, and LTE eco-systems, and prominent solutions within them.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, excellent problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Experience with modern technical selling best practices and selling in a competitive environment, including implementing new or improved trial, demo, and RFP process.
- Proven track record of success in a fast growing and scaling business.
- Current and demonstrable experience with face-to-face consultative selling.
- Proven prospecting, networking, and business development skills.
- Self-motivated team player with a polished presence and strong negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Electrical Engineering or a technical field.
Meet Your Recruiter
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales