Find your next opportunity now!
Structural Engineering Manager - FL
750 Park Commerce Drive #200 Boca Raton, FL 33487 US
Welcome to Broadstaff! We are one of the industry's most trusted staffing partners for all things Telecom - Wireless Infrastructure. With over 30 years of combined experience in Telecom, Energy and Technology, our team remains devoted to helping companies find great people and helping people find great jobs.
Responsible for structural analysis and support the Engineering/Operations team in maintaining the
structural integrity of the client's tower portfolio.
1. Direct daily tasks for a group of 5-7 engineers in completing structural analyses on existing tower
structures / communication structures to determine their structural capacity
2. Perform structural analysis on existing tower structures / communication structures and their
foundations to determine their structural capacity
3. Review and approve structural analyses performed by Design Engineers for thoroughness and accuracy
4. Guide engineers on how to analyze existing antenna mounts to determine their ability to support the
5. Utilize the company’s workflow process to communicate engineering analysis results to operations and
6. Aid in the training of new engineers in the tower industry, running structural analyses, etc.
7. Partner with the Vice President of Structural Engineering to implement training documents for new and
8. Review foundation calculations performed by Design Engineers for thoroughness and accuracy
9. Perform seismic calculations on existing tower structures / communication structures to determine is
the seismic loading or wind loading governs
10. Design complex tower modifications to reinforce tower structures if the loading parameters produce
areas of overstressing. Coordinate the design with drafting to produce accurate detail drawings for
bidding and construction purposes
11. Assist in the coordination of managing vendors and their construction timelines for structural tower
12. Review input information provided by the Design Engineers for thoroughness and accuracy
13. Write professional engineering analysis, construction reports and review peer reports. Reports to be
used by city, county, and state jurisdictions for permitting
14. Stay current with the standard changes effecting the tower and communication structures industry and
as tenants and clients change and modify their loadings
15. Represent the client on various TIA sub-committees to provide input in the tower industry
16. Coordinate with outside consulting firms, tower crews both verbally and in writing when necessary to
make sure projected dates of field work is completed on time
17. Assist with the tower defect review process during acquisition process of new towers
18. Assist the tower repair and maintenance process on an ongoing basis
19. Provide input and think creatively to help improve efficiency on how the engineering department is
performing various tasks
Position will work directly from the Engineering office with minimal travel. Required to attend department and company meetings.
Education and Experience:
1. Four-year degree with emphasis in civil / structural engineering required
2. Master’s degree in Structural Engineering a plus
3. Minimum 4 years’ experience in structural engineering required. Prefer communication tower industry
4. Registration as a professional engineer (PE) is required. Structural Engineer (SE) License is a plus
5. Knowledge in TNX Tower and RISA 3D software is required. Any additional foundation software
knowledge is a plus
6. Knowledge with the various building codes and standards, IBC, TIA Rev G & H, ACI, ASCE – 7
7. Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently
8. Effective in an entrepreneurial culture, working independently and as part of a team
Meet Your Recruiter
Shannon is Broadstaff's Division Director of Engineering.
We are industry experts first, staffing second. Helping our partners achieve their goals and helping people find awesome jobs is our number one priority
Craig Fleming, Senior Vice President of Sales